If cheese provides more satisfaction than anything else in your life, then it’s time to join the baked cheese trend. Using homemade ricotta for a smoother, fresher taste, this baked ricotta recipe is one you need to try. Swap out the ricotta for other soft cheeses like Camembert or Brie for a hot, baked, goo-ey centre.
- 500g homemade ricotta cheese (or tub of store bought smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten )
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes or fresh chilli
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine ricotta, egg, parmesan and half the thyme and chilli in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the ingredients in an oven proof dish like the Chasseur cheese baker (link to product) top with remaining thyme and chilli.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and set.
- Serve with ciabatta or crackers.