This recipe for banana fritter has a light and crunchy batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or simply dust with icing sugar for added sweetness. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to match.
Another yummy dessert recipe for kids
Banana fritters are the perfect kids’ desserts for those who are on a budget. The recipe uses pantry ingredients, is very easy to make and is guaranteed to please your kids.
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 10 Minutes
- 4 bananas, peeled
- 265 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 375 ml water
- Oil for deep frying
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Whisk in water until the batter is lump free.
- Cut bananas into three and dust in flour.
- Dip banana pieces in batter, draining off the excess batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain the bananas on paper towel.