Adore this classic recipe of delicate and buttery goodness!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Icing sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric stand mixer, place butter and sugar in the bowl and beat until light in colour. Add egg and milk.
- Beat until combined. Put mixer on low speed, gradually add sifted flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for a few hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- On a lightly floured surface knead each half of dough at a time until smooth. Dust the rolling pin with icing sugar and roll out the dough to roughly 1cm thick.
- Cut into desired shape and place on trays.
- Bake cookies 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Transfer cookies onto wire rack to cool.