Warm comfort foods are truly a life saver during cold weather, and this chicken curry just happens to fit into that category. Moreover, this mildly spiced dish can be made in under half an hour, from prep time to finish. This pressure cooker chicken curry recipe is yummy and so easy to make, we won’t be surprised if it makes it to your list of favourite comfort foods!
Best served with steamed rice or vegetables.
PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
COOK TIME: 20 Minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g skinless chicken thigh or breast, trimmed, chopped coursely
- 1 onion (150g), sliced thinly
- 270ml can light coconut cream
- 6 chat potatoes (240g), halved
- 1 packet of chicken curry recipe base
- Heat oil in pressure cooker, add chicken and cook for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Add onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in combined light coconut cream and chicken curry recipe base, add potatoes and close the lid.
- Bring pressure cooker to high pressure, then reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure by either fast or water method and remove the lid.
- Garnish with coriander, if desired.
Have you tried making curry in a pressure cooker yet? Tells us in the comments box!