We already did a classic pavlova recipe post in the past, but it’s good to switch things up every now and then. After all, the goodness of a well done pav isn’t just significant during Christmas time. So, to indulge in our chocolatier and more decadent cravings, we’re doing a variation here. Stick around to learn how to make your own chocolate and raspberry pavlova in just over an hour.
Famous in both Australian and New Zealander homes, pavlova is a favourite dessert all year long. Try our simple recipe below:
- 6 egg whites
- 330 g caster sugar
- 25 cocoa powder, sifted
- 500 g mascarpone
- 50 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 240 g fresh raspberries
- 60 ml milk
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Dark chocolate curls, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Line an oven tray with baking powder. Make a 22 cm circle mark on paper.
- Grease the tray and dust with cornflour.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs using an electric mixer until you see soft peaks forming.
- Gradually add sugar, beating continuously in between.
- After the sugar is dissolved, fold in the cocoa, chocolate and vinegar.
- Spoon the mixture on the marked circle on the tray. Smoothen the top and sides of the pavlova.
- Place the pavlova in the oven, but immediately reduce the temperature to 120C.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until it is dry to touch.
- Once done, cool it off inside the oven with its door ajar.
- Transfer onto a serving plate once cooled.
- In another bowl, whisk in milk with the mascarpone until you get a soft consistency.
- Spoon the mascarpone mixture on top of the pavlova, then sprinkle with raspberries.
- Garnish with extra dark chocolate curls.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Strawberries and blueberries can also be used in place of the raspberries, although any fruit of your liking will also do.
- Do NOT microwave or freeze the pavlova.
- You can also just grate chocolate on top of the pavlova for garnish instead of using chocolate curls.
If you enjoyed this, check out these related recipes and posts:
- An Australian Christmas Dessert: Pavlova
- 6 Fantastic Summer Dessert Recipes
- Christmas Food from around the World