This Classic Meatloaf recipe will satisfy those dinner time hunger cravings.
Delicious and flavoursome, Meatloaf is a timeless meal that is ideal for the colder months. It pairs well with mash and veggies, but is also great with salads and other classic side dishes.
This scrumptious and hearty recipe is one you’ll return to time and time again. Leftovers are also great for lunch the next day
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: 60 Minutes
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
- 500 g beef mince
- 300 g pork and veal mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tblsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a loaf pan.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat and then add in onion and garlic, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Place onion, breadcrumbs, minces, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce in a bowl mixing to combine.
- Spoon evenly into a loaf pan ensuring top is level.
- Combine sugar and remaining tomato sauce in a small bowl and spread over the top of mince.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the meatloaf has brown and comes away from the sides of the pain.
- Drain juices from pan and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly and set firmly before serving.
Try this meatloaf recipe out for yourself and tell us what you thought in the comment section below!