Whip up Entree, Main and Dessert with this reliable baking and cooking brand. Pyrex dishes are not only great for cooking with even heat distribution and easy food release, they also make perfect servingware so you can save dishes by taking your meals straight from the oven or fridge to the table. Pyrex also offer a new range of utensils that incorporate modern materials for improved functionality.
Three Course Dinner Recipes with Pyrex
Entree: Smoky Eggplant Mousse
- Chipotle Chilli Powder
- 1 Eggplant
- ¼ Lemon Juice
- 25g Tahini
- 25g Yoghurt
- Parsley to garnish
- Coat Eggplant with oil and sprinkle with chipotle chilli powder Grill the eggplant until blackened all over and soft in the centre. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Scrape away the blackened skin and discard. Chop up the smoky aubergine flesh to a pulp and place in a Pyrex glass bowl. Mix with tahini, yoghurt, lemon juice and salt to taste. Serve in Pyrex glass ramekins. Dress with parsley.
Main: Beef and Ale Luxor Pie with Flaky Pastry Lid
- 900g steak, diced
- 2 rashers of bacon, diced
- 25g flour, plus extra for dusting
- Mustard powder
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced or sliced
- 150g mushrooms
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 375ml ale (substitute for lager for a sweeter result)
- 500ml beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten for glazing
- 300g ready-made rolled puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Add flour to bowl and season by combining well with salt, pepper and mustard powder. Add meat to the bowl and coat well.
- Add oil to pan and heat. Add onions, bacon, stripped thyme and garlic to the pan and cook for a few minutes until onion is clear. Remove all and add meat. Sear all over until golden brown.
- Return onion mixture to pan and along with vegetables, ale and stock. Bring to a simmer, add salt and pepper then cover with a lid and gently simmer for 2 hrs. Use the Pyrex spoonula to transfer mixture into the Pyrex Easy Grab Pie Plate
- Brush the edge of the dish with the beaten egg. Lay pastry over the top. Pinch the edges of the dish so that the pastry will stick to it and trim off any remaining pieces of pastry from around the edge. Brush the pastry top thoroughly with the remaining beaten egg and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins until the pastry is golden brown on top.
Dessert: Heavenly Baked Cheesecake
- 250g finely crushed digestive biscuits
- 125g melted butter
- 5 egg yolks
- ⅔ caster sugar
- 500g cream cheese
- ½ c double cream
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 5 egg whites
- Add biscuits to food processor and process until finely crumbed. Add butter and combine well then press mixture into the bottom of a Pyrex Pie Plate to form an even base that rises up the sides a little. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Add egg yolks and caster sugar to food processor bowl and combine until the sugar is dissolved. Add cream cheese, double cream, cornflour and vanilla essence and combine. Add lemon juice and pulse two or three times.
- Beat egg white in a separate bowl using an electric whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture until completely combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the biscuit base and bake at 180°C for 70 minutes, turning once. Let the cheesecake cool on a rack then chill in the fridge before serving.
Check out our buying guides for detailed information on all our products to help make up your mind which is the best option for you.