Your favourite eggy bread, French toast with a touch of spice,and served with maple for an indulgent breakfast dish.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 6 slices of sourdough bread
- 4 Tbs Butter
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt. Set aside.
- Place your sourdough bread slices in a shallow dish. Pour egg mixture into the shallow dish and allow bread to soak for 10 minutes on each side or until soaked through.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Fry half the bread slices for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack; place in oven while cooking remaining bread.
- Wipe skillet clean, and repeat with remaining butter and bread.
- Keep in oven until ready to serve warm with your favourite maple syrup and fresh berries if desired.