- 1⁄2 head of garlic cut in half horizontally
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 300ml olive / grape seed oil
- Juice & zest of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 tsp sweet paprika
- Crack egg into base of stick blender plastic blending cup. Add zest and juice of lemon & garlic.
- Add paprika, pinch of salt and then the oil.
- Place the stick blender in the blending cup and carefully position the head of the stick blender so it covers and encloses the egg yolk.
- Blitz/Pulse and count to three then very slowly pull the blender up through the oil and the oil will emulsify with the egg and lemon juice.
To turn into Seafood Sauce:
Omit garlic and add 2 Tbsp of tomato sauce, a splash of Tabasco sauce and a pinch ground pepper.