This isn’t a gourmet recipe for pinto beans, but if you’re looking for a good, old-fashioned recipe then you’ve come to the right place. This slow cooker pinto beans recipe is tasty, saucy and easy to make. Plus, the slow cooker doesn’t exude much heat, so your kitchen is sure to remain cool this summer.
Beans are cooked with ham, but you can also opt for steak o’ lean or a package of bacon. Serve it with cornbread, garlic bread or summer vegetables for a full meal.
Tip: To make a thicker gravy, mash up about a cup of the cooked pinto beans and stir it back into the mixture.
Pinto Bean Recipe
A slow cooker pinto beans recipe that’s delicious and saucy. It’s best served with cornbread or some summer vegetables.
- 450 g pinto beans, soaked overnight
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 225 g ham hocks, chilled overnight
- 960 ml water
- 1 onion, chopped
- Rinse the soaked beans and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Stir in chilli powder and dried oregano.
- Add the ham hock.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Add onion and stir well.
- Season with the house seasoning recipe, to taste.
House seasoning mix: 225 g salt 60 g black pepper 60 g garlic powder Try this pinto beans recipe in your slow cooker and put your rating in the comments section!