If there was an award given out for favourite party food, we’d guess home-made mini sausage rolls would take it out almost every time! Loved for their bite-sized convenience, these home-made mini sausage rolls will impress you with their flavoursome meat centre and crisp pastry finish!
The great thing about this recipe is that it can easily and conveniently be expanded to suit your needs and could also be turned into a main meal, by simply cutting large, single serve sausage rolls. It takes a little over 30 minutes to make and will produce 20 mini rolls.
Mini Sausage Rolls
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: 15 Minutes
- 500 g hamburger mince
- 500 g sausage mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 30 ml tomato sauce
- 1 packet of puff pastry
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Mix together the carrot, brown onion, red onion, garlic and parsley into a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl combine together the hamburger mince and sausage mince.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce and work mixture thoroughly with your hands until well combined.
- Slowly start to add in the carrot, onion, garlic and parsley mixture to the meat mixture.
- In a small bowl, add in the egg and milk, whisk and set aside.
- Take a piece of puff pastry and cut in half, then place the meat mixture along the side of the pastry (meat should be the thickness of a thin pork sausage).
- Run a fork along the other edge of the puff pastry and then use a pastry brush to rub the milk and egg mixture along the fork mark.
- Roll the pastry into a closed tube and then brush the top of the sausage roll with egg and milk.
- Cut the roll in sausage rolls about 4cm in size (though this can be as big or as small as you’d like).
- Repeat the previous 4 steps until all mixture has been used.
- Place rolls onto a greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediate or chill/freeze for later.
Try this pastry delight for yourself and tell us what you thought in the comment section below.