Host your own easy-to-prepare High Tea
A high tea makes every occasion that little bit more special from Mother’s Day to the book club morning tea. Kitchen Warehouse have all you need, from tiered cake stands to fine bone china tea sets, as well as baking equipment for delicious fluffy scones and dainty savouries.
Quick Tips for a successful High Tea
- Use a 6 cup kettle for filling tea pots and coffee makers.
- Prepare the sandwiches the morning of the high tea, and purchase or make the rest the day before.
- Pour out beverages for each guest and hand them a plate.
- If you are sitting in a lounge setting, make sure you have enough occasional tables for the cups and plates, so guests do not have to balance everything on their knees.
- Encourage your guests to eat and enjoy!
- 3 tiered cake stand
- Mixed pattern fine bone tea cups, saucers and plates, plus tea-pot, sugar bowl and creamer OR Fine bone china tea set
- Napkin holder
- Occasional tables or coffee table within reach of guests
Delicious Sweets and Savouries to Serve your Guests:
Use thin sliced fresh white and wholemeal bread. Slice off crusts and cut into quarters.
Cucumber and creme fraiche
Beef and horseradish sauce
Egg and mayonnaise
Ham, lettuce and mayonnaise
Mini quiche, Salmon au gratin
Serve black tea in your tea-pot to cater for all tastes. Offer tea varieties in tea bags.
Prepare in a french press for ease of serving
Instant coffee is also acceptable!
Set your table with a lacy tablecloth, and prepare in advance with cups, saucers, plates, spoons, sugar, milk, tea and coffee pot.
3 tiered cake stand:
Bottom layer – savoury pastries
Middle layer – sandwich/sweet dishes
Top layer – sweet treats and pralines
Find recipes here:
On a related note: You might also be interested in these useful guides and tips from Kitchen Warehouse
Kettle Buying Guide