Coming from an Italian heritage pasta is always on the menu. When it is a special occasion ravioli, cannelloni and the like are seen on the food table. Just before Easter time in the summer months we make fresh passata (Homemade tomato sauce) a tradition that will stay in our family for years to come. On Easter Sunday, my family of 30+ get together and celebrate family with good italian food. Making fresh Ravioli or Lasagna is always served best with our homemade Passata and a good bottle of Nonno’s homemade red wine.
- 500g Plain flour
- 5 Large eggs
- 2 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Place flour in large glass bowl and form a well in the middle.
- Place remaining ingredients in well
- With fork, in a circular motion, stir wet ingredients just around rim of dry ingredients, bringing a little bit of flour into the wet mixture a little at a time until all are mixed together.
- Pour mixture onto a floured board and knead until tight and glossy. It should be difficult to mix, to a point where no more flour will stay into mixture.
- Form into a ball and let sit, covered, for 1/2 an hour to an hour