- Paper towel
- Basting brush
- Wash the wok in hot water with a small amount of liquid detergent and a scrubber (such as a stainless steel sponge or pad).
- Rinse the wok and dry thoroughly.
- Place the wok on high heat. Move the wok, turning it and tilting it up to the rim and back, until the metal turns a blueish-yellowish colour.
- Rub approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil onto the interior of the wok using a paper towel or basting brush.
- Heat the wok on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Wipe off the oil with paper towel. There will be black residue on the towel.
- Remove the wok from the stove.
- Repeat steps 7 through 9 until no black residue comes up on the paper (about 3 times). The wok is now ready to use.