Moderate, 3 to 3.5 hrs, Serves 8
Delicious all round meal that will make a satisfying meal. Present in some gorgeous chunky winter bowls
- 1kg Chuck Steak Diced
- 4 Brown Onions cut in half then thirds
- 4 Purple Carrots 1 finely 3 chunky diced
- 4 Carrots 1 finely 3 chunky diced
- 4 Celery Stalks 2 finely 2 chunky diced
- 4 Royal Blue Potatoes chunky diced
- 1 Tin of lentils
- 500ml Beef Stock
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Tinned Tomatoes 425g
- 1-2 tbsp Dried Herbs
- 2 -3 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cups Spiral Pasta
- 300g Fresh Green Beans Ends removed and cut in half
- Heat pan, add olive oil, brown your meat in batches and remove.
- Add in your stock, tomato puree, tinned tomatoes, red wine and lentils, bring back to warm.
- Add meat back in, you may need about 1 cup of water so that everything is covered.
- Add herbs and pepper, also add bay leaves.
- Cover and leave on low heat on stove or put in an oven for about an hour and a half – two hours, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick.
- At this point taste – check if it needs some salt, sugar more pepper, herbs etc. Meat won’t be done yet but should begin to get softer.
- Add your purple and orange carrots and leave the lid off on the stove – cook for about an hour.
- Add your potatoes and wait half an hour
- Add your celery and pasta. Wait 15 minutes and add your beans, so they stay fairly crunchy.
- Cook for another 20 minutes or until pasta, potatoes and carrots are done.
- Once this cooks it should all be soft thick and ready, you will need to stir it more frequently to ensure it doesn’t stick!
- Serve with Crunchy Bread or add some chilli to give it a bit