These lemongrass chicken rolls are bursting with flavor and will be a big hit at your picnic!
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs lemongrass paste
- 1 1/2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 650g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 French shallots, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 small carrots, peeled, grated
- 1 cucumber, seeded, cut into matchsticks
- 4x 15cm Pieces French breadstick (baguette), split
- 1/4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely grated lime rind
- 1 tbs lime juice
- Combine lime juice, lemongrass, fish sauce and garlic in a dish. Season with pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge for 10 minutes to marinate
- Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Season. Stir in shallot. Set aside for 5 minutes to develop the flavours. Stir in carrot and cucumber.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the chicken, turning, for 10-12 minutes or until cooked. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Rest for 5 minutes. Cut into 1cm-thick slices.
- Cook bread on grill, turning, for 2 minutes or until warmed through
- Combine mayonnaise, lime rind and juice in a bowl. Season. Spread over bread. Fill with chicken and salad.