Making your own Pizza dough is easier than you might think and with a pizza stone from Kitchen Warehouse you can cook your pizza base crispy and delicious exactly like a pizza oven would. The ceramic stone absorbs excess moisture ensuring a perfect crust.
If you prefer to cook in the oven cook your delicious homemade pizza dough in one of our pizza baking pans, non-stick or perforated for a fantastic finish.
- 1½ cups warm water
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 2 tsps dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 c plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 60ml olive oil
- Extra olive oil for brushing
- Add water, sugar and yeast to small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes, until frothing.
- In large bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add yeast mixture and oil. With a round-bladed knife mix until combined. Bring dough together with hands.
- Brush another bowl lightly with oil.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board and knead continually until dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place dough in oiled bowl, turning to coat in oil then cover with cloth and set aside in warm, draught free place until doubled in size – about 30 minutes.
- Begin to knead dough, forming into a long cylinder.
- Divide cylinder into three parts.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and roll each into a 20cm circle with rolling pin.
- Place dough onto pre-heated pizza stone or baking pan.
- Lightly coat with oil and tomato sauce.
- Top with vegetables, meat or fish if desired, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and basil.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until cheese is golden and crust browned.
Once you are comfortable with this technique, there will be no going back to reaching for a phone when you want a pizza! Make sure you keep your fridge full of fresh vegetables and mozarella cheese for impulsive pizza making moments!
On a related note:
Pizza Equipment Guide