Prepare this tasty pork dumpling recipe to use with the Kitchen Warehouse Dumpling maker and serve up your lucky dumplings for Chinese New Year. Place a piece of white thread in one dumpling for an extra lucky guest to find.
Makes 24 dumplings. You can purchase the wrappers or use the recipe below to make fresh dumpling dough.
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 2 tsps ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ c green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsps water
- 250g pork mince
- 2 shallots, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Put oil in saucepan and heat on medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, stirring the whole while.
- Add cabbage and water and cook for 3 minutes continuing to stir.
- Transfer food from saucepan to a medium sized bowl and cool.
- Add pork, shallots, soy sauce, caster sugar and sesame oil and combine. Add salt to taste.
Dumpling Dough for Gyoza
Dumpling dough can be quickly made in the food processor or by hand. This recipe uses a food processor for combining. You can make Chinese New Year dumplings immediately with this dough, or store it overnight and make your dumplings the next day.
- 2 c unbleached all purpose flour
- ¾ c of just boiled water (Let water cease bubbling, rest 30 – 90 seconds then pour into cup)
- Place flour in food processor bowl, and turn on.
- Add water through feed tube
- Turn off food processor
- Dough should be firm enough to hold its shape when pinched but feel soft.
- if dough is not at this stage turn on food processor and add water by the teaspoon until it is the right consistency.
- Run food processor for 5 – 10 seconds to complete.
- Transfer to board and knead for 30 seconds until smooth and elastic
- Place dough in zip-lock bag and expel excess air before sealing.
- Rest for 10 minutes allowing the dough to steam inside the bag for easy workability.
- Form into small bowl and roll into circles to use in your Kitchen Warehouse Dumpling maker.