A summery mix of crunchy and healthy salads for those summer BBQ parties.
Baby Cos & Apple Noodle Salad
- ½ cup walnuts
- 6 pieces of prosciutto
- 2 bunches of Baby Cos
- 2 medium red apples
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place the prosciutto on a baking tray lined with baking paper try not to overlap the pieces. Bake for 12-15 minutes carefully watching to make sure they don’t burn. Remove from oven and place slices on a cooling rack or plate. The prosciutto slices will crisp up as they sit.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Using a spiralizer of your choice, spiralize the apple into noodles. Add the lettuce and apple noodles together in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Pour the dressing into the lettuce bowl and toss to combine. Top with the slices of prosciutto and walnuts then serve.
Shaved Fennel, Dill and Cucumber Salad
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 3 lebanese cucumbers
- ½ cup fresh chopped dill
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar)
- himalayan rock salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Trim fennel bulbs, cut in half and remove their hard core.
- Using a mandoline slicer, shave fennel and finely slice cucumber and place into a bowl.
- Chop the dill and add to bowl.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and cracked pepper.
- Marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving.
Spinach & Orange Summer Salad
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 oranges, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 50g slithered almonds
- 100g feta
- Spanish black olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- teaspoon of lime juice
- Toss spinach, oranges and nuts together.
- Place on a platter, crumble over feta and drizzle with oil and lime juice.
- Season with salt & pepper and serve.