Image credit: kelleyandcricket.com
Enjoy this delicious recipe for your slow cooker, waiting for you to serve as soon as you walk in the door. No more slogging it out in the kitchen after a ladies lunch again. (Or a long day at work!)
Slow Cooker Recipes:
Slow Cooker Chicken with Lemon
- Slow Cooker
- Medium sized frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Peeler or zester
- Lemon squeezer or reamer
- Knife and Chopping board Or herb chopper
- Salt and Pepper mill
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 crushed peppercorns or ground pepper
- 6 chicken pieces
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 400g sliced mushrooms
- ½ c chicken stock
- 1 tsp finely grated zest (lemon rind)
- 2 tsp fresh, chopped tarragon
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt, pepper to season
- Mix flour, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces well in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Sprinkle over remaining seasoned flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute until flour bubbles.
- Add chicken stock and tarragon, stirring to combine.
- Transfer to your slow cooker. Consult our Kitchen Warehouse Slow Cooker guide to choose the right one for you.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of mixture.
- Cover and set slow cooker for four hours.
Tastes great with mashed potatoes or pilaf rice, and steamed vegetables.