Instead of heading out for breakfast/brunch this weekend, why don’t you enjoy a gourmet-style breakfast or brunch in the comfort of your home with this delicious French Toast with Blueberries recipe!
This yummy breakfast will hit your sweet spot perfectly! The eggy-cinnamon infused crunch of the bread combines brilliantly with the sweet, warmed blueberry and maple syrup mixture and the Greek yoghurt for a tantalising and indulgent start to your day!
The great thing is that it is incredibly simple and quick to make, though its decadent taste would have you suspect otherwise. This recipe serves 4 people (though can easily be increased or decreased) and takes about 25 minutes to make!
French Toast with Blueberries
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 15 Minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 25 g butter
- 8 slices of thick cut white bread
- 250 g berries
- 2 tblsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 150C (or 130C fan-forced) and line a large tray with baking paper.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the blueberries and maple syrup and heat for 30 – 60 seconds (or until slightly melted). Stir well and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon together in a shallow dish.
- Melt one-quarter of the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip 2 slices of bread in egg mixture until soaked.
- Drain excess egg mixture and then cook bread for approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer to prepared tray and place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread, egg mixture and butter.
- Serve immediately.
Make this yummy recipe for breakfast or brunch and tell us what you thought of it in the comment section below!