Serves: about 4
Easy, , Serves 4 – 6
A fast, but satisfying mid-week meal – spicy, smooth and filling. Serve with Basmati rice.
- 500 – 750g fish steaks or fillets, rinsed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tomato (or 1 cup of cherry tomatoes)
- 2 green chillies, sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh giner, greated (or 1/8tsp ginger powder)
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder (or hot pepper flakes)
- 1/2 tsp ground fenugreek (methi)
- or: instead of above spices ue 3 tbsp curry powder
- 500ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 Fry the curry leaves in a preheated pressure cooker in a little oil unitl golden around the edges.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and saute until onion soft.
- Add the spices and saute until the aroma develops (about 2 minutes).
- Deglaze with coconut milk, making sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Add chillies, tomatoes and fish, coating everything well with the sauce.
- Close the pressure cooker and turn the heat up, setting the pressure on low level. Once the level is reached, turn heat sown and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open the pressure cooker by releasing the valve.
- Season to taste with salt and lemon juice just before serving.
Easy, 3hrs, Serves 4
A perfect christmas meal which combines seafood and Mangoes, truly spectacular!;By Angie Boylan
- 2 Small green Mangoes
- 5 Red Eschallots
- 1 Continental Cucumber
- 2 Red Capsicums
- 1 Large red Chili
- 4 Lime leaves
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Peanut
- 1/4 cm Holy Basil
- 1 Deep fried Eschallot for Garnish
- 9 Blue Swimmer Crab Meat
- 1 Lime zest
- 125ml Lime Juice approximately 4 limes
- 65ml Fish Sauce
- 125ml Palm Sugar Syrup
- 1 Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the crabs and simmer for ten minutes.
- Remove the crabs and refresh in ice water straight away to stop the cooking process.
- Break crabs open, discard the gills and mustard.
- Carefully take out all the meat making sure there is no shell.
- Keep refrigerated till needed.
- To make the salad dressing, deseed the chilli and finely dice and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Next add the fish sauce and the palm sugar syrup.
- Whisk all the ingredients together check taste and set aside.
- Grate green mango and place in mixing bowl.;Step 10 Finely slice the red eschallots, julienne cucumber and red capsicum and add to bowl.;Step 11 The lime leaves and holy basil need to be sliced as finely as you can get it.;Step 12 This is important as their flavour can be over-powering.;Step 13 Roughly chop roasted peanuts and coriander leaves.;Step 14 Place the rest of the salad ingredients into the bowl with the crabmeat.;Step 15 Whisk the dressing again.;Step 16 Ladle enough dressing on just to coat all the ingredients.