Lemon juice has been gifted to us by nature as a pure, cleansing substance for the home and body as well as a delicious flavour for sweet and savoury foods and drinks. Today we share the many ways lemon juice can benefit you and your home.
Lemon Morning Pick-me-up
Add the juice of half a lemon to a glass of hot water and drink warm for multiple benefits.
- Citric acid from the lemon juice is metabolised into alkaline in the body, improving mental alertness and balancing your pH to prevent disease.
- Lemon also contains Vitamin C to boost the immune system.
Powerful citric acid and antibacterial properties make lemon juice a great cleaner that is also safe to use around the home.
- Use a spray bottle to dilute lemon juice in water and use for an all purpose cleaner for kitchen benchtops, windows, mirrors and showers.
- Dilute with water to clean chopping boards, soak plastic containers and freshen up rubbish bins.
- Mix with salt to polish brass, copper, chrome, grills and bbqs.
- Use straight lemon juice to clean the toilet bowl, soak earrings to sanitise, clean grout, shower walls and remove odours in the fridge by placing half a lemon on a plate and changing weekly.
- Blend with dishwashing liquid to remove build up in appliances.
- Boil lemon slices in kettle to remove calcium build up.
- Boil ¾ c of water with 3 tsp lemon juice in the microwave, leave for 10 minutes then wipe clean.
Lemon Beauty Enhancer
- Mix lemon and sugar as a facial scrub for smooth soft skin.
- Rinse hair in lemon juice to fully remove conditioner leaving hair soft and shiny.
Lemon Natural Flavouring
- Use zest or juice to flavour cakes, casseroles, pies and icing.
- Make lemon cordial and add lemon spritzers to juices and cocktails.
- Use our guide to Zesting a Lemon for more information.
Find out the best way to zest or grate your lemons.
Cook with Lemon
Citrus juicer Buying Guide