Make Tiramisu with delicious homemade Mascarpone cheese
Creamy and filling, this delectable Tiramisu dessert is the very definition of taste. Traditionally Italian, Tiramisu means “pick me up” and lives up to its name with a combination of ingredients designed to get you going after a hearty pasta meal.
- Baking tray
- Stand mixer or Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Jug
- Rectangular baker
- Cocoa shaker
- 1 ½ cups of cold, strong black filtered coffee
- 375 g mascarpone cheese (make with Mad Millie Artisan cheese kit)
- 4 Tbsp caster sugar
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 5 Tbsp of Brandy (or your preferred flavouring)
- 36 sponge finger biscuits
- Cocoa powder to sprinkle on top
- Heat oven to 180°C
- Place sponge finger biscuits on baking tray and bake for 8 – 10 minutes then cool.
- Add the mascarpone cheese, sugar and cream to bowl or stand mixer and beat until thick and creamy.
- Add brandy and beat again until the consistency of thick whipped cream.
- Dip each biscuit into the coffee and immediately place it into the rectangular baker in a close single layer.
- Evenly spread half of the mascarpone mixture over biscuits
- Add a second layer of the dipped biscuits. Cover with remainder of mascarpone mixture, taking it right to the sides of the dish.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 – 4 hours before serving.
Use your Mad Millie Artisan cheese making kit from Kitchen Warehouse to make your own mascarpone cheese with our easy recipe. Purchase all the equipment you need to make tiramisu online or at a Kitchen Warehouse store near you.