These tasty, fluffy waffles are perfect for the vegan and gluten free diet. Enjoy waffles for breakfast, topped with fruit compote and soy ice-cream. Consult our Waffle Maker Buying Guide to decide the features you require in your Waffle Maker, or purchase one now online or at a Kitchen Warehouse store near you.
Vegan, Gluten Free Waffle Recipe
- 1 ¼ c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c olive, canola or melted coconut oil
- ¼ c agave nectar or maple syrup
- ½ c rolled oats
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- Combine almond milk and vinegar in a small mixing bowl and let set for a few minutes to activate.
- Add olive oil, agave nectar or maple syrup and whisk. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add combined wet ingredients to combined dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Test batter for sweetness and flavor and add more sweetener if desired.
- Let set for 5-10 minutes while your waffle iron preheats.
- When the indicator light on your waffle maker turns green, add ½ cup of batter.
- Cook according to manufacturer instructions and then remove and place on a baking rack in a 1200C degree oven to keep warm without stacking.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, bananas or blackberry sauce.
Waffle Making tips:
- Keep waffles in a single layer to keep them crisp – don’t stack
- Keep waffles hot at 1200C in the oven until all are cooked to enjoy them together
- Freeze extra waffles and reheat in the toaster
- Don’t use cooking spray on your waffle maker
- Clean shortly after waffle maker has cooled
Recipe from The Minimalist Baker.
Use the Kitchen Warehouse Waffle Maker buying guide to discover all you need about our amazing collection of waffle irons or purchase a waffle maker from our fantastic collection online or instore now.