Image credit: ahappyfooddance.com
Recipes for your spiralizer
Cater for all diets with this tasty variation on Spaghetti Bolognese using gluten free zucchini noodles made with your spiralizer.
- Frying pan or Stockpot
- Chopper or Knife and board
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Can opener
- Parmesan grater
Noodles: Spiralise 2-2.5 large zucchinis on Blade C (or linguine blade)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ½ of 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- ½ of 1 whole carrot, finely diced
- 1 tsp red chilli, fresh or dried
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 14 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- ¾ Tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Heat oil in frying pan or stock pot
- Add onions, garlic and chilli and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until onion softens. Add chopped carrots and celery and cook for 1 minute
- Add in the vegetable stock and cook until reduced (water evaporates).
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and season generously with salt and pepper. Add dried or fresh oregano. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fresh Basil and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add in the zucchini pasta and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes until zucchini noodles are al dente.
Serve and garnish with Parmesan cheese. Find a fantastic range of Pasta bowls on our online store.