For those Froyo lovers, create it at home made using your very own ice-cream maker!
Serves fourteen ½-cup servings
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups lowfat vanilla yoghurt
- 480 g frozen mixed berries, thawed, puréed and strained to remove seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla, almond, or lemon extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes on low speed.
- Stir in the yoghurt, berry purée and extract.
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- The frozen yoghurt will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the frozen yoghurt to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.