Yo Yo Biscuits
An Australian classic biscuit, better known as the melting moment. This easy to make recipe with its short buttery flavour has a delightful melt in your mouth texture.
- 250g butter softened
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup custard powder
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 tsp custard powder optional
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line tray with baking paper.
- Sift Icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter and vanilla. Using a stand mixer beat until smooth and creamy. Stopping every so often to scrape down the sides.
- Sift into the bowl plain flour and custard powder. Stir through. (Being careful not to over mix to keep it light and airy)
- Roll mixture into teaspoon sized balls and place on baking trays.
- Press the tops of the ball lightly with a floured fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 – 15 mins until light golden.
- Leave to cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the filling, beat the butter,vanilla essence and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add the sifted icing sugar and beat until well combined.
- Join biscuit halves together with 1tsp of the filling. Dust with icing sugar to serve