Zucchini Fritters for Lunch
This simple yet nutritious recipe provides a quick and tasty lunch for all occasions. Your Zucchini fritters can be taken for a packed lunch or make a great plate for sharing.
- Deep Fryer Or
- Pan and thermometer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Vegetable shredder
- Mixing Bowl
- Slotted spoon or tongs for serving
- ½ c milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 c shredded zucchini
- ½ c tasty cheddar or parmesan, grated
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to season
- Oil for frying (canola or sunflower)
- Sweet chilli sauce for dipping
- Heat oil in deep fryer or frying pan to 180°C
- Add milk and egg to a bowl and whisk to combine
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture. Combine.
- Fold in zucchini and cheese and mix in seasoning.
- When oil is at correct temperature, make fritters by dropping teaspoonfuls of batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on racks lined with paper towels.
- Serve with chilli sauce to dip, and fresh garden salad.