A healthy breakfast keeps you going until lunch and this smashed avocado on toast, served with your perfectly cooked poached eggs is both quick to prepare and is the ultimate start to the day.
- Avocado (firm but still ripe)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 medium clove Garlic (crushed)
- Salt and crushed peppercorns to taste
- Chopped tomatoes
- Poached eggs (see recipe)
- Spinach (optional)
- Place all ingredients in bowl and mash with fork to desired consistency.
- Spread over toast and top with poached eggs and spinach (optional)
Add ham, bacon or feta cheese to your smashed avocado for protein and variety.