A healthy breakfast keeps you going until lunch. It doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. This smashed avocado on toast, served with your perfectly cooked poached eggs, is done in no time and the perfect (and delicious!) way to start your day.
- Mixing bowl
- Fork or masher
- Citrus juicer
- Measuring spoons
- Vegetable knife
- Cutting board
- Egg poacher
- 1 avocado, firm but still ripe
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and crushed peppercorns to taste
- 2 bread slices, toasted
- 2 poached eggs (click here for recipe)
- Fresh spinach, optional
- Place the avocado, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl and mash with a fork or masher to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread over toast then top with poached eggs and spinach (optional).
- For added protein and flavour, pair your avocado toast with ham, bacon, or feta cheese.