All Clad Cookware is a reliable name in many households nowadays, and also the first choice of many professional cooks. All Clad was founded by a metallurgist in the USA who bonded different kinds of metals together for the combined performance of their properties to form the best cookware for cooking.
The polished magnetic stainless steel looks fantastic, is a dream to cook with and easy to look after. Each piece is made of three layers: a stainless steel cooking interior, a highly conductive dense aluminium core and a polished magnetic stainless steel exterior. Because of the ply style construction, heat spreads evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan allowing for an incredibly even cooking.
Pea & Asparagus Wholegrain Risotto
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 small onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 stick celery, diced
- 200g barley grains
- 100g mixed grains of similar cooking time-puy lentils, spelt, Camargue rice, buckwheat
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 80g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, blanched
- 200g garden peas, blanched
- Salt, pepper & lemon juice to taste
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 50g pea shoots
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- In a medium sized saucepan, sweat the onion, garlic and celery gently in olive oil for 5-10 minutes or until soft & sweet.
- Stir in mixed grains and add the vegetable stock. The grains should be covered by a couple of centimetres of liquid.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook gently for 20-30 minutes or until cooked and tender.
- Top up the cooking liquid after 10-15 minutes if necessary.
- Stir through the mascarpone & parmesan cheese, parsley, sliced asparagus, peas and season with salt, freshly ground pepper & lemon juice to taste.
- Top with parmesan & pea shoots, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately with a lemon wedge.