Delicious and fancy desserts need not be complicated. Serve this easy dessert recipe after dinner or for special occasions.
This sponge pudding can be whipped up in less than 15 minutes and is light and tasty, with a delectable jam or golden syrup at the bottom.
Sponge Pudding Recipe
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 3 Minutes
- 60 g butter
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 60 g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam or golden syrup
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in egg and milk gradually.
- Sift in flour and fold in gently.
- Put the jam or golden syrup in a heat-proof bowl.
- Pour in the milk mixture.
- Cook covered for 3 minutes on full power.
- Serve warm with either custard or cream.
Tip: You can also use stewed apple in place of the jam or golden syrup.