A dozen or so of these refreshing treats is sure to liven up any get-together. These chocolate peppermint bites look amazing and only require four ingredients to make.
Tip: Keep the peppermint mixture lightly covered with a damp paper towel while making the balls to prevent it from drying out.
Chocolate Peppermint Bites
- 450 g icing sugar
- 115 g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 170 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a mixer, gradually add sugar to the cream cheese.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Add peppermint extract and mix well.
- Roll dough into teaspoon-sized balls.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Create a small “bowl” by pressing a teaspoon or your finger on the centre of the ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a few hours.
- Put the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Put the chocolate in the piping bag and fill the indents with chocolate.
- Let cool.