In this post, celebrity cook and TV host Justine Schofield shares her easy French-style apple tart tatin recipe cooked using her favourite Tefal Ingenio pan. A sweet dish to enjoy with family and friends, this heavenly apple dessert recipe will be an absolute favourite at home.
Since her MasterChef success, Justine has become one of Australia’s most familiar faces in the culinary industry. From TV to online to books, she’s known for developing family-friendly and easy-to-cook delicious dishes. She believes that with her simple yet elegant style of cooking, she can inspire time-poor home cooks to go back in the kitchen and create quick meals without making compromises on flavour and freshness.
With the Tefal Ingenio cookware, Justine whips up this apple dessert recipe. The unique clip-on handle of the Ingenio pans makes it even easier for this dish to cook on the stovetop, finish in the oven, and serve straight on the table.
- Tefal Ingenio Frypan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Digital weighing scale
- Wooden spoon
- Round platter for serving
- 1 sheet all-butter puff pastry, cut into 24cm discs
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored, cut into wedges
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground clove
- Vanilla bean ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Heat sugar in a Tefal Ingenio frypan to form a caramel. Once the sugar starts to change colour, add the brandy and bubble away for a few minutes until it is a deep caramel colour.
- Now, add the spices followed by the apples cut side down. Then, add knobs of butter and stir gently to coat all the apples in the sticky caramel. Cook for about 5 minutes and then remove from the heat to cool.
- Lay the pastry over the apple and tuck in all sides as if it were a blanket. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, bring out of the oven and rest for 10 minutes.
- Gently twist the pastry to ensure the apple detach from the bottom. With certainty and in one big gesture, flip the tart tatin upside down onto a plate. Slice and then serve with ice cream.