Spicy Italian flavours unite in this Authentic Bucatini with Arrabbiata Sauce recipe. The perfect midweek meal.
- 1 packet bucatini pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp dried chilli (or to taste)
- 2 cans cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch of cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Fresh Burrata cheese (similar to fresh mozzarella but better!)
- Parsley, to garnish
- Cracked pepper, to season
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook as directed on the packet. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a separate large pot or frypan pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until pale golden, approx 3 minutes.
- Add half a tablespoon of the dried chilli and cook, stirring for approx 1 minute. Stir in the cherry tomatoes and 1 cup water and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, approx 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta, reserved cooking water, parsley and the remaining half a tablespoon of dried chilli to the sauce. Cook, tossing, until well coated, about 1 minute; season with salt. Divide among bowls, add the fresh burrata and drizzle with olive oil.
HINT: Roast a bunch of cherry tomatoes drizzled with olive oil in the oven at 180 degrees until they start to blister. Garnish your pasta with roasted tomatoes, fresh Burrata, parsley, a drizzle of olive oil and some cracked pepper.