Banana is a special fruit that can be used in more than one way. You can enjoy it as is for a quick healthy snack, coat it in batter to make crisp fritters, or mix it with dulce de leche and cream for a decadent banoffee pie. And when bananas start turning brown on your kitchen counter, there’s an even longer list of recipes to put them to good use. Of course, banana bread easily tops that list. Continue reading “Mini Banana Bread Recipe”
There’s something immensely comforting about eating noodles in a bowl. Is it the inviting colours of the noodles, meat, and veggies, or the thought of loading your fork with a bit of everything before making that one big bite? I definitely think it’s both.
Continue reading “Korean Stir Fry Noodles Recipe”
Mums are naturally nurturing. They will happily cook for us and even do the dishes. (My mum would!) So come Mother’s Day, let’s invade the kitchen and prepare something special for our mum. I can’t think of a better way to surprise mine than with a sweet and satisfying plate of waffles early in the morning.Continue reading “Decadent Waffle Recipe”
I’ve always been interested in baking. Back in the day when I had no idea what a stand mixer was, I remember spending my weekends baking at home, mixing everything by hand. I used to read the backs of cake mix boxes and would cut out and save those recipes I thought I can do. Some turned out okay. Most were not. But I really like baking and working with the oven so much, I even decided to study it formally.
Continue reading “Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe”
Satisfy your sweet tooth with a spoonful or two of creamy custard made from scratch. Quick and easy to make, this custard recipe only needs a few basic pantry ingredients. The best part is, it goes well with just about any dessert, from puddings to pies to ice cream.
This custard recipe was shared by one of our favourite bloggers, Stay at Home Mum Jody Allen. Check out her blog for more delicious recipes.
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Mix the egg yolks, cornflour, and sugar together in a jug or bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk and vanilla over low heat until warm (not hot). Keep an eye on your milk as it can overheat quickly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat then add the warm milk to the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture back into the saucepan, stirring constantly until boiling.
- Take the saucepan off the heat when the custard is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (if mixture isn’t thickening, gently heat it again).
- Serve your homemade custard hot or cold with any dessert of your choice.
- If serving your custard cold, cover it with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Warming the milk using a double boiler can help prevent the bottom from scorching.
- Custard is traditionally mixed with vanilla but you can always add other flavouring agents. Try infusing your warm milk with citrus zest or pouring it into some chopped chocolate before adding it to your egg mixture.
- Top your baked apple pie with this creamy custard to make it even more delicious.
Rum balls are a treat for the whole family and can be made with rum flavouring to make them alcohol-free. Super quick, and of course, massively delicious, these coconut-coated treats are perfect as an afternoon snack or light dessert.Continue reading “Rum Balls Recipe”
Yoyo biscuits are classic Australian treats better known as melting moments. This easy recipe makes 15 sandwiched cookies with a delightful vanilla custard filling.Continue reading “Yoyo Biscuits Recipe”
If pulling off decadent desserts is a daunting prospect for you, try your hand at this easy but absolutely scrumptious chocolate fudge recipe. This makes about 12 delicious fudge cubes. Make it in larger batches and wrap them up as gifts.Continue reading “Chocolate Fudge Recipe”
Mango chutney is one of the traditional types of chutney and a great way to prolong the fruit’s shel life. It makes a tasty accompaniment to curry, roasted chicken, grilled meat, and various starters and main dishes.Continue reading “Mango Chutney Recipe”
Craving for a delicious beef stir fry? Give this popular Chinese favourite a go. It’s sweet, spiced, and perfect over steamed rice.Continue reading “Beef Stir Fry Recipe”