Easy, 2hrs plus doing the dried fruits the day before, Serves 12
By Karlene Forrest Continue reading “Mini Christmas Cake”
Easy, 1hr 30 mins plus refrigerate overnight, Serves 12
By Krystal Howell
- 300ml Thickened cream, plus 300ml extra
- 1/2 canhttp://uat.kw.dhm.io/index.php/recipe/adminhtml_recipe/edit/id/11/key/1413c1469eaa7b5e1193ae47903257c5376ab61cae4114e4441db28878da7d12/# Nestle sweetened condensed Milk
- 1/4cup Milk
- 1TBS Hazelnut Liquor
- 2x 250g Plain Chocolate Bicuits
- 500g Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1TBS Baking Cocoa
- 1 Using an electric mixer, beat cream and nestle condensed milk until thick. spread a little of the cream mixture onto the base of the serving plate.
- Combine milk and hazelnut liquor. Working with 1 packet of biscuits at a time, use a pastry brush to brush the back of each biscuit with the milk mixture to soften slighty, then spread each biscuit with 1 tsp of cream mixture, placing biscuits on their side and sandwiching- them together to form a log.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits and cream mixture to form a second log, next to the first log. refrigerate overnight.
- The day of serving, combine dark chocolate and extra cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon- until smooth. Remove bowl from heat. Set aside at room temperature to cool (can take up to 3 hours) stirring occasionally, until ganache is thick & spreadable.
- Spread ganache all over the top and sides of cake to form a log. Dust with cocoa powder.
Healthy, home made grain bread…. Be patient with the proving, it may take up to 1½ hours. A very important step that ensures a good, moist, fine textured end result Continue reading “Soy Barley and Linseed Bread”