Image credit: Dan Churchill, Surfing the Menu
This is a nice light, moist banana cake recipe which is a Kitchen Warehouse favourite for morning tea, lunch or dessert.
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 20cm round cake tin
- Small bowl
- Egg beater or whisk
- Skewer to test cake
- Cake rack for cooling
- 125g butter
- 1c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ self-raising flour
- Cream butter and sugar until colour lightens.
- Add beaten eggs one at a time.
- In separate bowl, mash bananas with vanilla essence.
- Add baking soda to milk in a cup.
- Combine mashed banana with creamed butter and sugar.
- Alternately add sifted flour and milk/baking soda until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 190° or until cake springs back from a touch in the middle. Test with skewer.
- Cool on cake rack.
When cool your banana cake can be iced or served with whipped cream. Try cream cheese icing, lemon icing, or simply dust with confectioners sugar.