Get your taste buds tingling with this vibrant Middle Eastern inspired beetroot hummus using the mighty Magimix Premium 5200XL Food Processor. Serve the dip alongside some pita or Turkish bread for the perfect Friday night pre-dinner snack.
Roasted Beetroot Hummus
HINT: For the beetroot hummus you can either boil (which is speedier) or roast your beetroot in advance. We like roasting it in garlic infused olive oil for an extra layer of flavour – but it depends how much you like garlic!
- 3 beetroots, roasted
- 2 x 400g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dukkah, to garnish
- Add roasted beetroots, chickpeas, garlic, oil, lemon juice, cumin, tahini and salt and pepper to a food processor and blitz until smooth and well combined.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of dukkah and serve with a side of pita bread.
Alternative serving suggestions
Beetroot hummus tastes amazing with crackers, tortilla chips or even dolloped on Greek-style pizzas or lamb meatballs served with feta, couscous and fresh tzatziki. Make a batch and you’ll be surprised at how versatile it is.
What else can you do with the Magimix
- Slice fruit and vegetables
- Mince meat
- Mix Soup
- Mix sauces
- Blend smoothies
Keen to make some pita bread from scratch or even some dukkah to serve with your beetroot hummus? You can do it all and so much more with this best-in-class food processor.
Want more food processor recipes? Try these!
- Ricotta Herb Dip with Spring Vegetables
- Homemade Rustic Tomato Tarts
- Hasselback Potatoes Loaded with Veggies