- 2 x 250g punnets of strawberries, washed, hulled, halved
- 2 punnets of rasberries or use frozen (note: mixture will get runny if using frozen)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- vanilla ice-cream or double cream, to serve
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 45g (¼ Cup) oats
- 130g chilled butter, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed brown sugar
- 45g (1/4 cup) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 45g (1/4 cup) dry-roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 25g (1/4 cup) flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine the strawberry, raspberries, honey and vanilla in a bowl.
- To make the nut crumble, place the flour and oats in a large bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour, oats until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts and almonds.
- Divide the strawberry mixture among eight 250ml (1-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes or Falcon mugs.
- Sprinkle over the nut crumble. Bake for 25 minutes or until the crumble is golden and the strawberry is tender and bubbling through. Serve with ice-cream or double cream.
Note: This is quite rich, so don’t overfill the mixtures.