Easy, Serves 4
A classic combination – gentle taste of broccoli with a bit of the cheesy Stilton kick. For an extra wow, serve with a pan-fried pear and toasted almonds on top.
- 900g broccoli (2 large heads)
- 150g stilton (or gorgonzola) + extra for garnish
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 1 Cut up the broccoli, including stalks (you can peel the tough outer skin).
- Bring the stock to the boil and add broccoli. Cook until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add stilton and blend until smooth, either with a stick blender, or in a blender in batches.
- Serve with pieces of cooked broccoli and crumbled Stilton on top.
- If using pears, cut them in half, core and fry in a pan in a little butter until soft. Enjoy!