Fans of the low-carb dishes, rejoice. This easy buffalo cauliflower recipe will amp up your way of preparing vegetarian meals that don’t bore the tummy. It’s practically easy to make if you’ve got an air fryer at home.
Get your day off to a good start with this super-satisfying air-fried cauliflower with a delicious buffalo sauce plus an easy ranch dressing!
- Air fryer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small and large mixing bowl
- Small and medium-sized saucepan
- Wooden spoon
For the buffalo cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into drumstick-like pieces
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp white vinegar
For the sauce
- ½ cup mayo (or vegan mayo)
- ¼ cup soy milk
- ¼ cup freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Make the ranch dressing, if using. Whisk together the mayo, soy milk, coriander, cumin, and garlic powder in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and season to taste, if needed. Set aside.
- Heat the milk and cornstarch together in a medium saucepan for four minutes, then set aside to let cool.
- Whisk together the flour, garlic salt, paprika, onion powder, black pepper and salt in a large bowl.
- Dip the cauliflower into the flour, then into the thickened milk mixture, then back into the flour. Tap off as much of the excess flour as you can, then place in a single layer in the bottom of your air fryer. Repeat with the rest of the cauliflower; knowing that you may have to work in two batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Place the air fryer tray into the base and set to 7 minutes at 200C (400F). Let cook, then flip and shake halfway through cooking.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat the butter, buffalo hot sauce, vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When cauliflower is done, toss with the melted buffalo sauce and serve immediately with the ranch dressing.