Don’t neglect your taste buds when you get back to nature.
Fabulous one pot dishes can make camping a gourmet pleasure, as well as a time to enjoy the great outdoors. Try this recipe for lasagna made simply in your cast iron Dutch oven, using fresh pasta to eliminate the need for boiling first. Keep your culinary standards high with camping equipment from Kitchen Warehouse that will let you enjoy great food and your favourite drinks over the campfire, at the beach or in the bush.
- Fresh pre-made lasagna sheets
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil (do not use spray on cast iron)
- 2 jars (800g) pasta sauce of choice
- 3 c fresh baby spinach
- 1 ½ c grated or shredded mozzarella or pizza blend of cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tomato sliced
- Heat barbeque or prepare campfire so coals are glowing.
- Coat base of dutch oven with olive oil and spread ½ c pasta sauce evenly over.
- Place one layer of lasagna sheet over sauce. Top with 1 cup of baby spinach and ⅓ cup of cheese.
- Repeat twice finishing with cheese.
- Sprinkle with herbs and top with tomato slices.
- Cover Dutch oven and place over fire or in covered BBQ for 30 minutes, until pasta is tender and cheese melted.