Easy, Serves 4 Cups
Interesting method of bringing out some great flavours!
- 250g Swiss Brown Mushrooms
- 250g White Button Mushrooms
- 250g Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 King Mushrooms
- 1 Portobello Mushroom
- 2 Shallots sliced paper thin
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tbs Parsley Chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Use your cast iron skillet and put in a hot oven for 30 minutes
- Prepare the mushrooms wipe off dirt with damp cloth
- It is best to mix up the cutting and shapes of the mushrooms.. Slice crimini and button mushrooms in half. Remove the bottom tuft of the king oyster mushrooms and discard, then slice lengthwise into four or five long pieces before cutting down the middle so you have short rectangles. Rip the oyster mushrooms into halves by hand. Slice the portobello into quarters or eighths as desired
- Remove the pan and add all the mushrooms. Return it to the oven for five minutes. Then remove again, and stir the mushrooms so that any sides unexposed to the hot iron can’t help getting a good sear. Cook for an additional five minutes.
- Remove the pan and add the shallots, butter, and toss. Return to the oven for another five minutes.
- Final removal: add the garlic and parsley. Let sizzle in front of your drooling friends for three to five minutes. Salt & pepper genrously