There’s never a wrong time to indulge in decadent chocolate desserts – chocolate cakes, cupcakes, tarts, some chocolate-coated gingersnap cookies or simple fruits such as strawberries dipped in chocolate.
Here we’ve listed 3 easy chocolate desserts that will delight any chocoholic. These are ideal for those looking for a quick snack to fix or something decadent to serve to friends or family.
Continue reading “3 Easy Chocolate Desserts”
Perfect for children’s birthdays!
You can’t make a list of dessert recipes for kids without this old favourite. Cupcakes suit every special occasions, especially children’s birthdays, and are also perfect for brightening up ordinary days. Though you can make various designs with cupcakes, nothing beats classic chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. No matter the current trend, this combination just never seems to go out of style.
Another variant of the traditional Tiramisu recipe
This is a classic dessert made with a tasty pumpkin flavour. Pumpkin tiramisu, served in a dessert glass, looks fancy but actually requires minimal effort to put together.
Continue reading “Pumpkin Tiramisu”
Are you tired of the usual ice cream flavours? Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and slight variations thereof.
Why not try unusual but still delicious fruit ice cream recipes? These are getting growing interest in different parts of the world and even major ice cream businesses.
You’ll be surprised that there are fruits in your kitchen that you can use as the main ice cream flavour. It’ll be a nice change from the more common dessert and undeniably a more exciting option, and you can make good use of the fresh fruits you have at hand.
Continue reading “Unusual But Delicious Fruit Ice Cream Flavours”
Break out those pointy hats, superhero capes, and monster masks – Halloween is here again! Make this spooky season special by serving a unique, creative array of frightful foods. These easy-to-make treats are perfect for livening up a kid’s school party or for adding more fun to your own spine-chilling bash.
Continue reading “3 Terror-ific Halloween Party Treats”
Cake pops are typically made using crumbled cake and frosting, but a much easier fix would be to use crumbled Oreo cookies. You can also use Tim Tams as a substitute if you have them.
Continue reading “Oreo Cream Cheese Cake Pops”
Sweet and delicious, this moist Sultana Loaf Cake is the perfect accompaniment to a cup of Earl Grey! Make this for an afternoon tea, morning tea or high tea and savour how well it pairs when eaten with your cup of tea or coffee!
It takes around 60 – 70 minutes to bake (though may need longer depending on your oven, so be sure to test it with a fork or skewer before removing) and can serve up to 8 to 10 people at a time.
Best served warm, the delicious cake is absolutely scrumptious on its own or with some butter or jam!
Sultana Loaf Cake
SERVINGS: 8 – 10
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: 60 – 70 Minutes
- 250 g butter, softened plus extra to grease the tin
- 1 cup (225 g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups (450 g) plain flour
- 1 tsp (4 g) baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 385 g sultanas
- Pre-heat oven to 170C and brush a loaf pan with melted butter to lightly grease and line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a medium bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add in the eggs 1 at a time making sure to beat well before adding the next to ensure mixture is combined.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Fold half the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir in half the milk.
- Repeat with remaining flour mixture and milk until well combined and then fold in the sultanas with a metal spoon.
- Pour or spoon cake mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once removed from the oven, set aside in the pan for 5 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature.
Try this fruity recipe for yourself and tell us what you thought in the comment section below.