Flame up the drinks menu with a smoky twist on a sweet and fruity summer pleaser.
• 1 pineapple, cut into 2cm thick slices
• 3 Tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice (or combine both)
• 2 Tbsp honey, to taste
• 1 cup fresh pineapple juice
• Crushed ice
• Fresh mint
• lime wedges for garnish
1. Cut up and core your pineapple into 2cm thick slices.
2. Preheat your grill to medium-high and oil slightly.
3. Grill pineapple slices for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until caramelized. Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge until completely cool.
4. In a blender, add your fresh juices, half the grilled pineapple slices, and honey. Blend until smooth, then strain to remove any pineapple pulp.
5. Serve in a drink dispenser with lime wedges and mint. Use leftover grilled pineapple pieces for guests to garnish their drinks and pour over crushed ice.
TIP: To turn it into a cocktail, add 30mls of Tequila and 15mls of Orange Liqueur.