A smooth, creamy cheese sauce should be part of every cook’s repertoire so follow these simple instructions to whip up a tasty cheese sauce whenever you need it. You can keep some in the freezer to make a quick, delicious snack or easy dinner in record time. Use your cheese sauce for Cauliflower cheese, Lasagna, Nachos, Macaroni Cheese, Baked Potatoes and Broccoli Cheese – perfect for kids who think greens are out to get them.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- Optional: 1 tsp mustard powder
- Salt, pepper to taste
- ½ c grated Tasty cheese. (Mature cheddar, gruyere, gouda etc)
- Add butter to saucepan and melt over heat.
- Add flour and stir until flour begins to bubble. Add mustard powder if using.
- Add milk, stirring continuously.
- Continue to stir until mixture thickens. Cook for one minute then remove from heat.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined, then use for your favourite cheese sauce dish.