Take a journey to France with this traditional French recipe. Your tastebuds will surely thank you for all the new sensations that they’ll be enjoying from a helping of good, hot-off-the-oven cherry clafouti! There are many variations of this tasty dessert, and we’re featuring one of the most classic versions of the dish here.
Dig in to the sweet tartness of this dessert – all ready in just half an hour!
- 425 g stoneless black cherries
- 150 g caster sugar
- 125 ml light sour cream
- 160 ml thickened cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsps flour
- Icing sugar
- Butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Grease a 20 cm cake pan with melted butter.
- Place the cherries in the base of the pan as you would like them to be arranged.
- Sprinkle a tbsp of sugar.
- Beat the rest of the sugar, eggs and yolks in a bowl until fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and beat.
- Add the flour and beat.
- Pour the mixture over the cherries.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Dust top with icing sugar.
- Whip the thickened cream to form soft peaks.
- Serve in plates with more cream or dusted icing sugar, or both.
- You can use drained canned black cherries.
- This recipe has many variations: you can use other choice of fruits, berries, and combinations of these.
- Aside from cake tins, pie dishes also work perfectly for this recipe.