Curry – the spicy flavours of this Asian staple are one of the best comforts a hungry person can ask for on a cold winter’s day. Warm up with a dish of delicious chicken curry made using the all-in-one ingenious invention that is the multi cooker – not only does this handy appliance require minimum effort in cooking, it’s highly efficient and produces excellent results that your taste buds and stomach would definitely agree with!
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 1/4 tsps salt
- 110ml vegetable oil
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsps crushed ginger
- 3 tsps crushed garlic
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 2 tbsps cold water
- 1 1/2 tbsps lime juice
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt.
- Using the browning function, heat the oil and brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- In a separate bowl, combine the light coconut milk, curry powder, ground turmeric and cayenne.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and add half the onions, ginger and garlic in.
- Cover and cook using the slow cooker function for 4-5 hours, until the chicken is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into slow cooker and mix with other ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 30 more minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Add lime juice and remaining onions.
- Best served hot, with rice or Indian breads.
For added flavour or spiciness, you can add hot curry paste or sprinkle in chilli powder or chilli flakes.