Easy, Serves 4
This hearty and vibrant dish uses a mix of beans and chorizo but you can choose your favourites.
- 100g chick peas, soaked overnight
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 bunch thyme, chopped
- 10 basil leaves, sliced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced thinly
- 2 tins of crushed tomatoes
- Cook chick peas in salted water until soft.
- Sweat the onion, garlic, thyme, basil, smoked paprika and chorizo off in 1/4 cup olive oil until soft. Add warm, drained white beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes until oil coats them
- Add 2 tins of crushed tomatoes. Cook for 10 mins. Season with salt and pepper